Greenways Land Trust to hold AGM
Do you want to become more involved in local green initiatives in Campbell River?
Well here is your chance; GLT would love to see you at our upcoming AGM on Wednesday June 12, 7-9 p.m. location TBD. Elections happen at the start of the meeting. There are many opportunities to become more involved in GLT as a supporter or member. However, in order to become a member of the Board of Directors your GLT membership must be current.
Ongoing Projects include:
- Primary stewardship roles in Beaver Lodge Forest Lands and Haig-Brown Heritage Property (upcoming work on trails and creek this summer).
- Ongoing support promoting partnerships with stream stewardship groups: providing technical advice, funding support, training, and organizational capacity development.
- Development with the City of Campbell River of the Urban Forest Management Plan (partial funding sponsorship provided by the Real Estate Foundation of BC).
- Providing education programs for youth and adults.
- Development of the Greenway Loop: The Jubilee Connector.
- Other recreational greenway development; trail building and maintenance; habitat protection and enhancement projects such as invasive plant removal, re-vegetation work, inventory and mapping.